Thursday, September 18, 2008

Broccoli Stuffed Shells

I got this recipe in an email from Flylady today. I am not good at keeping up with Flylady at all. I generally delete, delete, delete the emails. I chanced to actually read this one that has a week's worth of dinner recipes and saw that there was a vegetarian recipe. So I thought I would post it here. It looks good to me!

Broccoli Stuffed Shells
Serves 6

24 Jumbo Shells -- uncooked
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli -- thawed
1 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 tablespoon onion, chopped fine
1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste


Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Combine
broccoli, Ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, onion, oregano, basil, salt
and pepper. Stir together until well blended. Pour about 1 cup
spaghetti sauce over bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Spoon 1
round tablespoon of cheese mixture into each shell and place open-side
up in an even layer in the pan. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over
and around shells. Cover pan with foil. Bake at 375 for about 25
minutes until heated through, and serve.

3 comments:

Millie said...

FlyLady would work better for me if she called me on the phone instead of emailing me. Like I really need another excuse to park my butt on my computer chair instead of doing housework. :)

This looks really good - I'm all about the pasta.

Scarehaircare said...

Now if FlyLady would just come over and clean my house for me......

Mmmmm. Cheese, broccoli, and pasta. That looks great and kid friendly, too. Thanks!

Deena said...

I have a recipes similar to this but using spinach instead of broccoli and lowfat cottage cheese of ricotta.