Sunday, September 21, 2008

Veggie Casserole

My zucchini haters will eat this and like the dish. It's a good mix of veggies.

Veggie Casserole

5 C Zucchini, leave skin on and grate
1/2 Diced onion
1 C shredded carrots
2 cans of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, broccoli, or celery)
1/2 C milk
2 C cooked rice
1 C shredded cheese

Cook zucchini, onion, and carrots in water until crisp tender (3-5 minutes). Combine soups, milk and stir in vegetables and rice. Put in casserole dish and top with cheese. Back at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

4 comments:

Millie said...

Mmmmmm, veggies.

(Never thought I'd hear myself say that)

Hayley said...

happened upon your blog.

posted a great bean burger recipe on mine last week.

take a looksie.

Elizabeth-W said...

For my husband to eat zuch takes an act of congress. I have to peel it, de-seed it, and dice it to pulp before he might not recognize it. Luckily, he's color blind so sometimes that works to my advantage--I can hide things most of the time :)

sarah said...

finally tried this today and it is soooo good! after i put it in the oven i realized that i hadn't put any seasoning in it and was a little worried it'd be bland. but it was anything but bland. next time i may add a little pepper but it really didn't need it. thanks for sharing the recipe!