Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Midnight Cravings

I crave flavors. Usually Japanese, Middle Eastern, and good ol' Southern USA (although I don't rule out any ethnic cuisine). Tonight (at nearly midnight) I'm really craving Lebanese.

I found a recipe on Epicurious.com for Lebanese Lentil-and-Rice Pilaf with Blackened Onions.

Not exactly holiday food.

Which is why I am making it for lunch tomorrow. With plenty of leftovers for the next few days. I'm already sick of rich holiday fare and I want something healthy. Comforting. Fragrant.

What flavors do you crave?

3 comments:

Heffalump said...

Chinese take-out, Italian, Korean Kimchee soup or Kimchee pogum pahp (Kimchee fried rice), Ice cream.

Johnna said...

I had a fresh-squeezed orange juice this morning and it was heaven. I had some berries on my oatmeal yesterday, that was perfect.

And Kimchee for the first time the other day. I liked it a lot.

I think right now it's about comfort, and whatever will kick this post-holiday cold off.

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Come get your free David Bowman sign print! The offer ends Mon. Jan. 5th at noon! Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna