Thursday, August 25, 2011

Roast Vegetables in Pita


School started, and looking for a little convenience, I bought a tray of those pre-cut roasting vegetables in the produce department for the first time.

What's cool: when you toss them in a little olive oil, they completely loose that exposed-to-air look. I tossed in some fresh thyme and basil I had leftover, and salt and pepper. Into the oven for 30 minutes at 450F, more than enough time to have them well cooked.

Serve with pita bread, and a little whole milk yogurt for those who want some creaminess and more sense of the Greek. I offered cubed meat leftovers to add for the insistently non-vegetarian.


Okay, and what was in the tray of pre-cut vegetables? Carrots, green beans, zucchini, summer squash, onion, yam. I thought I would be sad I didn't have mushrooms, but really, I didn't miss them.

1 comment:

Skepticalthayne said...

I like your blog and recipes. I have just put some historical information on my own blog about the history of the Word of Wisdom relating to eating flesh. Your readers my find in it something to think about.
http://www.skepticalthayne.com/?p=2161
Thayne Andersen