Monday, January 26, 2009

Falafel

There was a recipe for falafel in this month's Cooking Light. I made it tonight, and it wasn't that fabulous. Now, part of the problem was that instead of adding 3 tbs of olive oil to the pan for the frying, I misread, and added it to the falafel mix. Even still, I don't think they would have turned out.

You'd think I'd have learned by now to carefully read all the instructions when starting out on a new recipe.


Awhile back I happened to catch Bobby Flay doing one of his cook-offs with someone making falafel. I just checked the
website and the recipe is there. It only got 3 stars on average, but it's really because some people rated it one star because the site didn't list his competitor's recipe. So, I'm thinking of trying his.
Or, what's so bad about using a falafel mix, really?


4 comments:

Heather said...

I have nothing against using a mix, but I made "Sean's falafel and cucumber sauce" from allrecipes.com this week. I thought it was great and easier than I expected.

Elizabeth-W said...

I'll have to look that up. Thanks!

Johnna said...

oil into the mix, ouch.

I like the falafel mix. Easy to find this time of year.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)