Sunday, January 25, 2009

Warm Tortellini Salad

It's been a while since I've posted here. But I thought this recipe was so good-and not just because my daughter made it (and I didn't), but just yummy. So I am sharing.

Warm Tortellini & Cherry Tomato Salad
2 (9oz) packages fresh cheese tortellini
1 ½ cups sliced asparagus (about 1 lb.)
3 Tbls red wine vinegar
1 Tbls balsamic vinegar
1 Tbls olive oil
¼ tsp black pepper
4 cups trimmed arugula (I used baby)
1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
¾ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1 (14oz) can artichoke heart s drained/quartered

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain

While pasta cooks, combine vinegars, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pasta mixture, arugula, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serves 6

No comments: